Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!

Christmas has come and gone. It was a little depressing for me, but once I got my 5 day break, I found myself recovering fast thanks to my family and friends! A patient of mine that I had to send to the ICU because she was septic, ended up dying 3 days before Christmas. All I could think about was her family and fiance. I know it's hard to lose someone you love, but I can only imagine it has to be harder to lose someone you love at Christmastime. Sometimes I wish I didn't let myself get attached to my patients, but I still do. I love getting to know them and it makes it all the more better to work with them.

I got so many things for Christmas, most for my future condo which makes me even more excited. I still am at that fork in the road about the condos, but I am thinking of looking in another area of St. Louis which is more affordable for me and to be honest, the prices don't have me panicking. But fortunately, for me, my aunt is thinking about moving there when she moves back so I may put my condo search on pause until she moves back.

Back to Christmas, I had a wonderful Christmas with my family. My aunt, uncle, and cousins came in from North Carolina. Just being able to spend time with people as wonderful as them is a gift itself. That would have made my Christmas right there. This past weekend, we had even more family in town from Kansas City. We all had fun just shopping, going out to eat, and playing Wii (which is now my new obsession, pathetic, isn't it?). We even had Sunday dinner at Mema's with everyone which we haven't done in forever (though my family still goes there for dinners on Sunday nights).

I can't wait to see what 2008 brings us! I'm hoping to get back to the gym to work out more, stick to healthy diet, and find that condo of mine! Have a wonderful 2008!!!

No comments: