Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Voters need to be educated before they vote!


Apparently, this man is going to be our president for the next four years. I think my television will be off for the next four years now that his face will be plastered all over CNN and newschannels.

What gets to me is how people keeps saying he's the first black president of the United States. Hello, do these people have even half of a brain? He's half white and half african-american. I don't believe it's politically correct to say that he's the first african american president of the United States. The politcally correct term? He will be the first multiracial president of the United States. Period.

We all know that Obama lives in a multimillion dollar home and makes more than enough money each year between him and his wife. So when he says he wants to raise taxes for people making over 250,000 a year, what is he thinking??? I know nobody likes paying taxes and does he really want to be paying more in taxes for those living off of welfare and too lazy to get up and work?

There's another thing that gets to me and trust me, I couldn't stand history through my school years, but I learned just enough to understand how the whole government works (barely though). If we want changes with the economy, health care, etc, we need to choose our senators wisely because they are the ones that passes or rejects a law.

If there is anything good coming out of this election, my sister, who has been pondering what to do after college despite a double major in comparative studies in political science and international relations has decided that she is going to go to law school and become a politician herself. She had the most compassion of anyone I know for politics prior to this election craziness and I know she will have that compassion when she goes into law school and then politics.

In the meantime, may these next four years fly by...

1 comment:

Jan said...

I agree with your comments, and appreciate your stand!!!

Jan Reed