Sunday, October 19, 2008

What a weekend!

On Friday, I drove up to Lerna, IL to visit a former roommate of mine. I had such a good time remembering senior year and the hell we're not in anymore (nursing school). She is in the process of remodeling her house with her husband and it looks wonderful so far! I think she needs to come and decorate my house when she's done with hers! ;-) Thanks for the wonderful visit Tricia and Nathan!

On Saturday, I went to Amber and Jason's wedding in Hazel Dell, IL. It was such a beautiful wedding! The bride was so beautiful! The reception was beautiful as well- it was on Jason's family property with a lake and all. There were tents set up as well as 3 separate bonfires by the lake to keep warm throughout the night. It was definitely not like any other reception I've been to! Definitely a good night!




I came home today and I pulled into my neighborhood. As I am driving in, I saw one of my neighbors also decorated for Halloween by putting a scarecrow and a wreath made of autumn leaves out. As I pull closer, I realized it's my house! The scarecrow and the autumn leave wreath was joining my little bale of hay and pumpkin that were already on my porch! I knew my parents did it for me. As I pull around the back of my complex to get to my garage, I realize there's this bright green bucket sitting in someone's lawn. As I get closer and closer, I realize it's in MY yard. Then I saw plants galore. My parents were getting my garden set up for me! :-) That's not all either. I proceed to open my garage door to pull my car in and let's just say my car never made it in. My mouth dropped open. My bike that I have not ridden in 10 years is hanging on the ceiling and I have two large shelves (very much needed!) hanging in my garage! I was absolutely floored. After a minute of standing there speechless, my parents pulled up to my driveway and surprised me. Needless to say, this was a wonderful surprise! My house looks so beautiful on the outside now! I just need to work on the inside now...

1 comment:

Tricia G. said...

That was amazing for your parents to surprise you like that! What a great way to come home! BTW - the wedding looked like it was Beautiful! Can't wait to have you back to visit!